Weeping Willow Trust Flute Teacher Grant
The 2020 fund application is open for submissions.
Please read below for more information.
The Weeping Willow Trust Flute Teacher Grant ($1,000) supports local private flute teachers* by providing funding to develop educational endeavors for their private flute studios. Private flute teachers seeking enriching educational opportunities for their private students are encouraged to apply. This grant may support the development of curricular resources, performances with associated curricular resources, community outreach, collaborative ventures, guest artist funding, or other innovative concepts.
*Flute teachers at institutions of higher education are eligible only if they maintain a private flute studio. Funds awarded from this grant may only be used to support private flute studios.
Teachers applying for this grant should meet the following requirements:
1. Must be an active member of the Seattle Flute Society
2. Must teach private flute lessons in Washington
3. Must have a minimum of five (5) regular private flute students at the time the application is submitted and funds awarded
Please submit the following by January 31, 2020 at midnight PST:
1. A general description of the project, not to exceed 700 words. This should describe the project’s scope, educational significance, plan of execution, timetable, need for funding, and proposed outcome
2. A detailed outline of the estimated budget
4. Any supplemental materials that support your application. These materials may include studio pictures, recital programs, student audio and/or video recordings, etc.
Application can be found HERE
● Results will be announced February 23, 2020, at the Horsfall Winners' Recital.
● One teacher per year will be awarded the $1,000 grant. A grant recipient may reapply every other year.
● Grant recipient must give a 15-20 minute presentation outlining their project and its observed or intended impact at the Spring Flute Festival (Sunday, April 19, 2020).
● Grant recipient must submit a detailed (maximum 3 page, double-spaced) report outlining the award’s fulfillment by April 1, 2021 of the following year to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please email any questions to email@example.com
2018 Weeping Willow Grant Winner Jennifer Slaughter (left) at the 2018 Flute Festival
2019 - Rose Johnson
to purchase an alto flute for her private studio
2018 - Jennifer Slaughter
for use as startup funding to form a community flute choir
2017 - Susan Halstead
to purchase and create enrichment materials to teach music theory to her youngest private students